Monday, April 30, 2012

30 Day Challenge

Tonight was a first, it's 11:30 PM and I just complete my first workout in the 30 day challenge. This is my fresh start to working out again. I have to say I am ashamed at how out of shape I am. My arms are trembling so badly that I can barely move the mouse around. It's amazing how 12 minutes can totally decimate your body. In case you didn't know, I have decided to stay with BodyRock. Their methods have worked in the past and it's always changing so no chance to get bored. I enjoy these workout quite a bit. They are short, 12 minutes. That's it and you're done for the day. Tonight was a bit of a fluke, they didn't post the workout till late, but I made a commitment to myself that I would start today. I waited around all day for the workout to post and it finally did at about 11PM. Hopefully I will be rested enough to push hard tomorrow, but I am a little worried about my arms, they are seriously trembling, they have never been this wiped out before. I guess they are telling  me how far I have slipped.

So the workout today was just a fitness test disguised as a workout. The exercises were squats, push-ups, triceps dip, and crunches. I have always had strong legs so squats were okay, but the rest were abysmal. I had to resort to doing box push-ups. My scores are down stairs so I will be post them in the comments tomorrow.

The other test for today was the flow test. Basically we tested out flexibility. I felt mine is pretty good considering I am hinder by my enormous girth. Hopefully if my waist size drops some, I can stretch more fully.

One other big change I have made in my life recently is choosing a vegetarian lifestyle. I say lifestyle because I can't look at it as a diet, diets are meant to end when the weight is lost or that's my mental image of a diet. I feel if I make it a lifestyle change then it's for good. So far so good, I have only slipped a handful of times since early February, and mostly it was due to special circumstances, travel, birthday, holiday. I am really enjoying how I feel. It's gotten to the point where I don't want meat. The choice has made think more about what I am putting in my body and it's helping me to eat cleaner. I am slowing trying to cut out cheese, but I love me some cheese, it's my downfall.

One last thing, I got on the scale tonight before I logged on and my scale said 230 lbs. That is the most depressing number, but it is also the start of my journey. Let's see how much I can bring down that number in 30 days. Ready, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment